Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Issues that 'weigh'

So my nine year old cousin beams on the phone "Didi, I am size zero"
Me: Whoa...What?!
She: I lost inches without going on a diet
Me: Didn't you disappear already?
She:No...You must come to Delhi and join my basketball classes too
Me(Seething with jealousy):So you wna be the next Kareena Kapoor, eh?
She: Nah...Kareena Kapoor aint size zero anymore
Me:And you are what size minus 2?
She: Sister, try being size zero...that way you can too be Kareena Kapoor
Me:No I dun wna be in Kurbaan


Me: I lost 2 kgs..So tell me I've thinned down even if you think I haven't
AM:Yeah really?..OK I will
Me:But what about our target?
AM: Yea everyone around us seems to have thinned down. Only the two of us have been left out.
Me: Yea..even SI and AS lost so much weight
AM:I'm gna hit the gym from tomorrow
Me:Alright...I'm gna go on a diet and go up and down the stairs
Next day...
Me:AM come fast...The unthinkable happened
AM:No,no i'm gna walk and come..I wna lose weight..
Me:No no..come fast...SS is saying she broke up!
AM:OK!
(In the meanwhile SS and KS get back together)
Me: Uhmm..They're back together
AM(typing to SS on facebook):Bitch...(and SS goes offline)
Me:So we're gna have Frooti instead of Coke and popcorn instead of chips OK?
AM: Yea and henceforth we're gna have fruit
Then we decide to meet SI
AM to SI: OMG!..You've lost so much weight
SI(with pride):Yay!..11kgs!
Me(thinking):Whoa!..why?..mera number kab aayega?
SI:Yeah a year in hostel made me lose 11kgs..Guess what I have another year to go?
Me(wondering):When will I go to a hostel?
So then we decided to walk about 4 kms to McDonalds...
AM and me: We'll have a small coke each and share the fries
So then after a zillion pictures we decide to head back home...


Mom:Your Bournvita has been in the refrigerator since morning..Have it NOW!
Me: But Mom I'm not hungry
Mom gives me that look of hers
Me:Ok Mom
Mom(in a span of an hour):Dinner is ready
Me:I'm not hungry
Mom:Then you should've told me..I would have not got the chapatis made.Now you must eat dinner!
Me(to myself):Gayi meri dieting bhaad mein...

Dear Diary,
Stupid 10th std boards..
They make you hog and hog some more...
And before you realise,
Your waist size is 34 (ok that's an exaggeration...just cz more rhymes with 34 :|)

Then came typhoid, a deadly disease it seemed to others
But typhoid and weight were like warring brothers...
But then came the pizza,the pasta and the chocolate cake
Oh metabolism will you ever improve for heaven's sake?!

I am wondering whether a trek to the Himalayas would be beneficial?...
Yours truly.

4 comments:

  1. hahahaha...i laughed so much while reading this..all along..i have tears in my eyes now.hahaha.ok..let this be a reminder about our goals...it'll make me cringe everytime i read it and think about how i haven't yet taken a single step toward achieving anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude..everyone else around seems to have thinned down..why us! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trip to Himalayas! Yep beneficial! Always! Mmmhmmm! Sure is! Yep! Yes Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A jog in the Aeroplane Park would be as beneficial if not more, i guess. :P

    ReplyDelete